Tuesday 28 July 2009

Children! To your keyboards!

Here's a band that impressed me a long time ago... We'll like 3 months ago, when they were supporting of Montreal, but seeing them at Oxegen jogged my memory.

Casiokids are a Norwegian indie-something band. Not quite pop, or as last.fm might describe them electronic. Whatever it is it's very experimental.



They're something different to see live. There's lots of things going on, on stage. People on keyboards, guitars, extra drums, and shaking little maracas and the likes. I can't really describe their music properly with words. It's a mix of rock, pop, electro, shoegaze. I'd just call them a Scandinavian Explosions In The Sky.

Check their stuff out on Myspace and Last.fm. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Thanks to Jon Reksten for the awesome photo

No comments: