Wednesday 18 March 2009

More pilots!

Well, I've neglected my duties to indie lately. I've been to very few gigs, haven't listened to much in the way of new interesting music and not to mention the lack of blogging. But it's sunny out, and I'm feeling in the mood for some music.



Blind Pilot
. I came across these guys today and was quite impressed. It's a very relaxed acoustic indie folk. Just drums and a guitar for the most part, with a few other random instruments, like banjos or violins or double basses thrown in occasionally. The music is really well composed and the lyrics and his voice remind me of Duke Special.

On a side note, I seem to be finding a lot of bands with "pilot" in their name (Pilotlight, Agitated Radio Pilot). I wonder if they're all somehow connected... And Blind Pilot are also yet another great band from Portland, Oregon. I guess I'll have to visit there sometime soon. Today's lovely photo is from Jonathan Maus, photographer and writer for BikePortland.org

No comments: