Monday 24 November 2008

Search for the Grail

A long time ago in galaxy far away....



Actually it was about 15 years ago in Glasgow, but it was indeed Tigermilk the album that is mostly responsible for me catching "the indie". Sadly Belle and Sebastian never seem to reach the same heights with their other albums. So I've been biding my time and waiting for someone annoyingly talented enough to creating a sequel.
There have been a few contenders but so far no album has quite made it. The most recent hope came from a random last.fm play. A band called Voxtrot with a song called Start of Something (full song). The songs analogue recording makes it wonderfully warm, lyrics are pretty good and the tune sounds very Sarah Records-esque.
Subsequently I got an album of theirs. I played it from start to finish which wasn't easy... after the first few songs I told myself "it must get better".. it didn't. After the halfway point i told myself "i've gotten this far, i should finish it out..".

I could go on about how predictable this is or how over produced it is but it's not worth my time.
It's a bad album.. Don't get it. The quest continues....

No comments: