Friday 21 November 2008

Bringing back the indie awesomeness!

Ok, so it's been a while since we've put up a blog. It's not out of not wanting to, but more out of lack of time and energy. Time has spent between going to gigs, working or sleeping. Life is hard sometimes...

So, today's band for the weekend is Cut Copy. I've become a fan Austrailian electropop trio of late. After going to see The Presets last Sunday, I decied to research their lable a bit more. Modular are a pretty big label, half owned my EMI I think, but still holding on to their indie beliefs. They've signed other band such as New Young Pony Club and even Wolfmother so they've a pretty diverse taste in music (something that is key to an indie label). And so, I stumbled upon Cut Copy.



I couldn't get tickets to their gig last week, they managed to sell out just as I went to get tickets... So I contented myself to listening to their albums from start to finish. I prefer their first album, Bright Like Neon Love, is by far their best. All good indie bands make sure their first album is better than any consecutive efforts. So people like us can profess out love their earlier work, whilst liking their new albums which the popular masses like. That's not to say In Ghost Colours isn't awesome as well... Check both out... right now!

Today's photo is from, Ryan Ruppe, who is apparently occasionally awesome...

No comments: